Northern Cyprus: situation with coronavirus.
Northern Cyprus: the situation with coronavirus. 2 years in prison for spreading infection and hiding contact data.
Today, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Kudret Ozersay said that some people who have positive coronavirus tests are hiding information from the authorities about who they contacted or intentionally and knowingly provided incorrect information.
Ozersay said: “No one has the right to play with the health of society! It’s not a joke! While our medical staff are struggling with the coronavirus epidemic, some people who have a positive test result are hiding information from the authorities about who they contacted or intentionally and knowingly provided false information. This irresponsibility cannot go unpunished. Today I met with our Attorney General. A criminal complaint has been filed against these people. If it is established that the crime was committed, then a sentence of up to 2 years in prison will be issued.
According to Art. 190 of the Criminal Code of the TRNC: “Any person who spreads or may cause the spread of an infectious disease that is life threatening or who acts illegally or negligently commits a crime.”
Data on Covid-19 in TRNC on 02/04/2020.
- Number of tests conducted today: 256
- Total number of tests completed: 2006
- Total number of patients recovered: 29
- The number of identified positive cases to date: 4
- Total number of positive cases: 81
- Number of patients undergoing treatment: 50
- The number of deaths to date: –
- Total number of deaths: 2
- Number of patients in the intensive care unit: 2
- Number of arrivals from abroad and under state supervision: 873
Distribution by region of patients with Covid-19 under treatment:
- Nicosia: 11
- Goneli: 3
- Famagusta: 3
- Beyarmudu: 3
- Lapta: 5
- Alsancak: 4
- Karsiyaka: 2
- Kyrenia: 2
- Iskele – Karpas: 18
Source: Cypriot Newspaper (translated by Julia Ozerce)
Coronavirus in Northern Cyprus: See the mode of operation of the Veles Property quarantine offices here.