EU will provide assistance to Northern Cyprus in amount of 5 million euros
The European Union will provide Northern Cyprus assistance in the amount of 5 million euros in the fight against coronavirus infection. The first tranche of TRNC will receive this month. The European Union provides assistance in the form of medical equipment and supplies in the amount of 2.5 million euros.
Also, 25 medical workers will come to the country to help combat COVID-19 over the next three months.
The help package includes personal protective equipment, respiratory devices, intensive care equipment, laboratory supplies, test kits for polymerase chain reaction (PCR), antibiotics, antiviral drugs, sedatives and paralysis drugs, as well as consumables supplied by suppliers from Europe and China.
The European Commission mobilized 25 doctors, laboratory assistants and support staff to increase the speed of response to the spread of coronavirus infection in the Turkish Cypriot community.
Medical staff can be mobilized immediately when such a need arises.
List of medical equipment and supplies:
- Oxygen non-reversible mask (for adults and children) – 4.000 pcs.
- High throughput mask for adults – 500 pcs.
- Closed aspiration system of the trachea 10/12/14/16 fr. – 6.500 pcs.
- HME filter – 5.000 pcs.
- VTM (viral transport tube) – 200 pcs.eu assistance to trnc, veles
- Kits for PCR – 4.800 pcs.
- DNA purification kit – 1.680 pcs.
- Aerosol tip for a sterile pipette – 6.048 pcs.
- Multipurpose H / T breathing apparatus – 40 pcs.
- ECG / NIBP / SPO2 / TEMP / RESP / 2IBP / CO2 / CO monitor – 20 pcs.
- IV / TPN Infusion Pumps / Blood / Medicines – 60 pcs.
- Mobile aspirator 1X, 2 L container. – 20 pcs.
- Mobile x-ray unit, digital – 1 pc.
- Video laryngoscope – 6 pcs.
- Video bronchoscope – 1 pc.
- Air flow meter – 40 pcs.
- Class II A2 biological safety cabinet – 2 pcs.
- Apron (different sizes) – 30,000 pcs.
- Glasses (different sizes) – 15,000 pcs.
- Full face protection – 15,000 pcs.
- Disposable shoe covers (different sizes) – 30,000 pcs.
- Protective overalls (different sizes) – 30,000 pcs.
- Gloves (different sizes) – 40,000 pcs.
- Respiratory Mask Particulate Mask FFP2 / N95 (different sizes) – 30,000 pcs.
- Medicines (antibiotics, antiviral, sedative and paralytic) – 150,000 pcs.
Source: Cypriot Newspaper (translated by Julia Ozerce)
Read other articles on fighting coronavirus here.